Sunday, March 6, 2011

Layout Randomness (Is that a word).

I'm always in awe of people who are so up to date with their scrapping.  Well to cut myself a break -- I didn't start until 3 years ago.  So to quote a famous line from Animal House, "I've got a lot of catching up to do"!

Here I span my husband circa 1958 to my son circa 1996.  I find it fun to jump around -- keeps me on my toes.  

FAMILY:
Here is my darling son Brian meeting his grandparents for the 1st time.  Sadly in my pre-scrapbook days I was bad about noting dates. That doesn't happen anymore!  Brian is about 6 weeks old -- the grandparents came down from NJ via train (they didn't fly-- oh my).  




Products: 
Fancy Pants -- About a Boy
EK success -- triangle punch
Zing Embossing Powder -- Leaf
Bazzill cardstock -- Lemon Lime
American Crafts Ribbon
Flowers are handstitched.  
Journaling Block is hand cut.
Rubon's from Michaels (so cheap and soooo easy to use). 


ONE-DERFUL:


This is my husband, Kevin sitting for his one year old portrait.  I really struggled scrapping this pic.  I have pulled it out multiple times over the last year.  The pic is in the frame from the studio -- I think it was sealed with crazy glue.  I was afraid of trying to remove it that I would damage the pic. The frame just stymied me.  I hate the color of it.  So finally today I decided just ignore the frame and scrap it as a neutral.

The layout is a lift of a pagemaps.com October 2010 sketch.



Products:
Bazzill Swiss Dot Cardstock - Mud Puddles
Creative Memories Circle Punches
Creative Memories Wavy Ruler
American Crafts Ribbon
S.E.I. Granny's Kitchen Patterned Paper
S.E.I. Granny's Kitchen Alpha's & Journaling Block
Misc. Brads

No comments:

Post a Comment