Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Communion --1967

So I'm having fun going down memory lane -- here I am in 1967 on the day of my 1st Communion.  Just so you know -- my hair still does that awful flip! This photo was actually a poorly cropped color pic -- I scanned it, enlarged it, and made it B&W. I like it this way much better.  

I really had fun with this lo.  I inked & misted the doilies.  I have multiple hankies from my grandmother that have been sitting in a drawer.  I decided that they would be better used in my scrapbooks -- where I can enjoy them.  The little bit with the embroidery is a corner of one of the hankies -- I used the remainder of that hankie to create the rolled flowers.  Very happy with the way they turned out.  Thank goodness for the new Glubers (cosmo cricket) that make this process so much easier.  I also did some recycling here -- the title block is some packaging from some scrap book item.  


Products:
Webster's Pages -- Your life beautiful
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
  • Wheatfields
  • Blue Skies
  • Pearl
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Brown
Recollections Floral Embellishments
K&Company Floral & Fauna
Misc scraps of cardstock, lace, pearls

TFL

No comments:

Post a Comment